The Better Business Bureau and Word of Mouth Marketing Association present the new webinar series "Compliant & Successful - Aligning Marketing & Legal Around Word of Mouth & Social Media Marketing." Webinars will be held July 29, August 3, and August 5 at 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM CDT. For more information and registration: http://wommabbb.eventbrite.com/.
Today’s social media environment is forcing even the most progressive companies to re-think how to meet changing legal/regulatory requirements while addressing the real time needs of their customers and consumers.
For many companies, establishing best practices, policies and protocols are lagging in the wake of the consumer controlled social web. WOMMA, the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and the National Advertising Review Council (NARC) are presenting a three-part webinar series titled: Compliant and Successful: Aligning Marketing and Legal Around Word of Mouth and Social Media.
With an emphasis on building better legal frameworks, communication policy governance, regulatory guidance leadership, and good decision making in social marketing environments, experts from each of the three organizations will share tactics and techniques into how to best manage, adapt to and meet the challenges of today’s ever shifting marketing landscape.
Webinar 1: Overview of Legal and Ethical Compliance: Understanding and Capitalizing on the Changing Marketing and Trust Landscape. July 29 at 1pm CST.
- Understand the foundation of regulatory issues
- Learn how the FTC’s Guide on testimonials and endorsements affect your marketing efforts
- Review how the WOMMA Ethics Code provides the framework in trust development
Webinar 2: Striking the Balance Between Legal and Marketing: What You Need to Know to Exceed Expectations in this Evolving Landscape . August 3 at 1pm CST
- Comprehend the new relationship between marketing and legal
- Discover how marketing and legal can work together to stay compliant
- Obtain practical knowledge on best practices in staying compliant and remaining timely and effective in your marketing efforts.
Webinar 3: What is on the Horizon: Privacy, Regulated Industries, Marketing to Children and More. August 5 at 1pm CST
- See how the future of privacy effects your future marketing plans
- Gain insights into how regulated industries are adapting to today’s marketing landscape
- Understand why marketing to children is a hot button issue for regulators and what changes in marketing compliance are forthcoming.
The webinar series is co-sponsored by the Word of Mouth Marketing Association.
WOMMA, http://WOMMA.org, is the leading trade association in the marketing and advertising industries that focuses on word of mouth, consumer-generated and social media platforms including marketing techniques such as buzz, viral, community, and influencer marketing, as well as brand blogging. The organization is committed to developing and maintaining appropriate ethical standards for marketers, identifying meaningful measurement standards and defining "best practices" for the industry.
Founded in 2004, WOMMA has approximately 300 member companies. They include marketers and brands that use word-of-mouth marketing to reinforce their core customers and to reach out to new consumers, agencies that deliver word-of-mouth services and technologies, researchers that track the word-of-mouth experience and offline and online practitioners.